If you are critically hurt in an Arizona automobile accident, the first thing you must do is call 9-1-1- and seek medical attention. Once that’s taken care of, you should find the subsequent information about:
- The other driver: Name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, insurance information, and license plate number.
- Any passengers or other parties involved: Names, addresses, and telephone numbers.
- Witnesses: Names, addresses, and telephone numbers.
- Police officers: Names, badge numbers, and whether tickets were issued.
Also, if the other driver appears to be under the influence of either alcohol or drugs, it is critical that you inform police or other emergency personnel right away.
You may also wish to take notes about the details of the accident while it’s still fresh in your memory. Some important information to document includes:
- How did the accident happen?
- Was anyone injured? Did they receive medical care? Did anyone state, “I’m not injured?”
- Was there any damage to the vehicles involved? Describe the damage.
- Where did the accident take place? What were the weather circumstances like? What time of day was it?
- In what direction were the vehicles traveling just prior to the accident?
- Were there any “issues” with the vehicles before the accident took place, like a busted headlight or brake light?
- Were any of the vehicles towed from the scene?
- Did anyone place the blame for the accident on themselves, or say a statement such as, “It was my fault; I was driving too fast, not paying attention, wasn’t wearing my glasses, texting on my cell phone, etc.?”
- Were any of the drivers involved driving while working, or driving a company owned vehicle?
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident caused by another driver’s negligence, the skilled Arizona personal injury attorneys at Breyer Law Offices can help. We have devoted many years to helping injury victims obtain the compensation that they deserve to fully recover from the accident they were involved in. Contact our firm today for a free consultation.