Globally, the rates of motor vehicle crashes are high. The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention has slated that every year, there are 1.3 million people who are killed in motor vehicle crashes, while 20 – 50 million more are injured. By 2020, motor vehicle crashes are expected to become the third most serious threat to human health in the world.
A serious injury car crash in Glendale sent 3 men to the hospital (AZCentral 06/07/2011). The crash happened at Glendale Avenue and Glen Harbor Boulevard, when a PT Cruiser collided with a full size pick-up truck. The driver of the truck did not have serious injuries. The police are still investigating the cause of the crash.
Motor vehicle crashes are becoming a public health concern. However, crashes in Arizona can be prevented. The following are tips for safe driving in Glendale:
- Use the seatbelt when driving. Studies say that buckling up reduces the chance of sustaining injuries from crashes by 50%.
- Young passengers should be buckled up into safety seats.
- Children should be transported at the backseat of the vehicle.
- If a teen is driving, have an agreement to limit risky driving such as driving at night or having multiple passengers.
- Drinking and driving should never be done together.
- Avoid distraction while driving such as texting on the cell phone.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash in Arizona, then you may call us for a free consultation at (480) 389-2463. We are auto accident attorneys in Glendale and we may be able to help.