Tucson slip-and-fall injuries are common in every workforce, but none so much as the healthcare industry. These workers are often exposed to a wide array of serious hazards to their safety and health, and according to recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), nursing homes and personal care facilities in particular have one of the highest rates of injury. These facilities have an average lost workday injury and illness (LWDII) rate of 4.9. The healthcare industry as a whole has a rate of only 1.8. Slip and fall incidences are common amongst healthcare workers due to:
- spills and other liquids on the floor that have not been attended to;
- trip hazards in bedrooms, hospital rooms, and other areas of the facility;
- fatigue from long shifts that keeps workers from paying attention to where they are going and what they are doing; and
- rugs, mats, broken floor tiles, and other floor quality and safety hazards.
How to Avoid a Healthcare Facility Tucson Slip-and-Fall Injury
For many healthcare workers, avoiding a Tucson slip-and-fall injury may sound easier than it actually is. However, there are ways that workers can look out for themselves and keep safe on the job.
- Get enough sleep. Mental acuity can help you to notice hazards you may not otherwise have noticed.
- Don’t run unless you absolutely have to. Running increases your risk of slipping, falling, and experiencing injury.
- Report hazards you see immediately. Safety hazards will become worse over time and you should never assume that someone else will do report it.
Why Call a Tucson Slip-and-Fall Injury Attorney
If you’re injured at work in a healthcare facility during a slip-and-fall accident, you’ll likely receive immediate medical attention at work, but you should still reach out to a skilled Tucson workplace slip-and-fall injury attorney. Workers’ compensation does not always provide enough benefits to help you cover the costs of your medical expenses, time lost from work, and other personal damages. The Husband and Wife Law Team can help you negotiate with the negligent party to get the assistance you need in order to make a full recovery. Contact the attorneys at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. today for help with your injury accident case.