When you choose a daycare in Flagstaff, child injuries are the last thing on your mind. But as Arizona child injury attorneys with years of experience in handling children’s accident cases, we know all too well how common it is for a child to be hurt while in a daycare facility. This doesn’t mean that you should lock your children away at home, however. Ask your day care questions. Ensure that your daycare:
- Has properly sealed off or blocked all stairwells;
- Does not have furniture that could be easily climbed or tipped over;
- Does not have loose-lying cords around the floors;
- Cleans up toys regularly;
- Maintains rugs, carpeting, and other flooring to ensure safety and to reduce trip hazards; and
- Has a safety plan in place to handle choking, broken toys, and other hazards.